We’ve all heard of a massage. Anyone who has been to a spa or had a professional massage is always talking about how great they are and how wonderful it feels to have someone rub your tired and sore muscles.
However, we can never all fit in for a massage appointment or pay the often exorbitant prices for one. However, if you feel like getting pampered and you have space in your home, a massage chair that will give you a full-body massage can be the best option.
In this article I’ve reviewed some of the best massage chairs to buy so that you can choose the right one for you. I’ll also show you how to save money on them as well.
|Real Relax 2020 Massage Chair||Best Overall|
|Massage Chair||Budget Pick|
|Infinity IT-8500 X3||Upgrade Pick|
1. Real Relax 2020 Massage Chair
- Has a relatively longer cord
- Comes with a built-in sound system
- Durable material
The full-body shiatsu massage chair is a universal massage chair that has comfortable armrests, perfect for massaging your arms and shoulders. You can also recline into a more comfortable position.
This massage chair is equipped with high-end zero gravity reclining function (130 degrees backward), a double roller and 33 air bags in the back, upper and lower parts of the seat. It also takes full advantage of its horizontal rotation technology that allows you to adjust the backrest in a comfortable position.
The massage recliner can be adjusted to five different positions. These are the full upright posture, the shoulder and hip full back posture, the leg stretch posture, a 90-degree tilt for those who want to sleep (with the shoulder and hip back posture back angle, you can actually sleep in the chair) and lastly, you can stand up and sit down.
2. Infinity IT-8500 X3
- Black leather chair
- Decompression Stretch makes it easy to get into the best position for massage
- The chair includes Shiatsu, air compression, and heating
- Air Compression allows for deeper penetration and can be helpful to customers with sensitivity
- The chair has a stylish look
- The chair can be reclined completely and reclines up to 115 degrees
- The chair holds up to 400 lb weight capacity
- The chair has its own wireless remote control
- The chair features a padded armrest
- The chair is designed to easily fit in bedrooms, living rooms, and home gyms
- The chair may heat up and begin to smell, but this seems to be a problem with all massage chairs
- Assembly may take some time
- The chair may be a little on the heavier side
- No Bluetooth or WiFi
Cushion, Black Frame.
Here is one of the best rated massage chairs available on the market. The Infinity IT-8500 X3 is a great chair for anyone who needs a massage in any situation. This chair offers what you need from a massage chair while at home to the office.
3. Massage Chair
- Great massage chair for shoulder and lower back pain relief!
- A good recliner for back pain relief
- The design looks slick and modern
- Worth the price for the great massage and heated and massager rollers
- Comfortable and sturdy enough for daily use
- It takes time to reduce back pain by more than 50%
- It’s got hot packs that add a slight smell
- It’s a little louder than the other cheaper chairs
- This chair will lean forward so you will need to use your hands and feet to push it back to original position
The massage chair is very quiet. You don’t have to worry about noise waking up anyone. It’s quiet enough but also can be a bit loud if you sit still. I’ve never had to talk to anyone really loudly while using this chair. You can adjust the heat using the remote. It’s great for those cold Minnesota evenings!
It’s reclined enough you can almost lay in it. You can adjust the head rest on this chair as much as you need. The whole seat adjusts including the really long foot rest. You can even lay down on it if you wanted to your entire body will fit on it.
- Comfortable, sturdy cushioning
- Touch screen control
- Auto-massage features
- Massager intensity can be adjusted
- Designed to fit every body type
- Versatile and can be used by almost anyone who wants total body relaxation and massage
- Luxury look and feel
- Very sturdy
- Modern design
- Speaker system
- The back rest may be a bit firm for some people
- Air circulation isn’t as strong as with fan driven seat cushions
This chair has been around for a few years and is still one of the most popular massage chair models on the market. It’s easy to set up and comes with touch controls that illuminate when you’re adjusting them.
The seat is made from a material that’s soft and smooth but still quite durable. It’s actually firm enough to keep you comfortable during a long session. It also comes with a soft back rest that can be adjusted to fit your body’s shape and size.
5. Top Performance Kahuna Superior Massage Chair
- It’s comfortable and the backrest is wide and padded
- You can easily adjust the seat, height, armrest, and leg rest
- It’s portable, folding for easy storage
- The chair is easy to assemble and the massage settings are easy to adjust
- The massage rollers aren’t very effective
- The interior is not very smooth and the backrest has a seam
- When assembling the chair, the springs can be difficult to attach to the seat
This chair has a suspension system and 6 massage rollers made with firm microfiber. It offers a number of stretching and strengthening exercises, but is loaded with massage rollers right above the thigh.
This chair has several relaxing massage modes with a lot of kneading, shiatsu, and rolling techniques.
6. Zero Gravity Full-Body Kahuna Massage Chair Recliner LM6800
- Zero Gravity recline – Perfect for those who suffer from back muscle spasms, back strain, and arthritis.
- Massaging – Users can choose from eight different soothing massage styles including lower back, foot, neck, lumbar, high intensity, and more.
- Heating– The sprucing power of infrared heating technology is able to warm stiff muscles, easing tension and soreness. Additionally, the KAHUNA Chair’s leg and foot heating points ensure every body part is relaxed and ready to be relieved.
- Arm and leg lift – The device lifts legs and arms using air pressure for support.
- Massage – Eight customized massage settings
- Removable cover – The removable slip cover is easy to clean
- Weight capacity of 300 lbs
- Dual infrared heating
- Assembly may be difficult
- Directions are limited
- Display is black and white
- The guide button feels cheap
The Chair features rich brown faux leather and durable polyurethane. Other features include a monitor with a USB port to charge your phone, Bluetooth capability for music, and an easy-to-control remote. Some users commented that it is a lot smaller than anticipated, so it may not be a good choice for large people.
7. Zero Gravity Full Body Electric Shiatsu Massage Chair Recliner
- Four-in-one massage chair
- Powerful shiatsu, stretching vibrations, heated foot rollers
- Vertical and horizontal tracking
- Can be used both sitting or lying down
- Relaxing on-board audio
- Can be used in any room
- The massages are completely customizable
- The built-in vibration feels amazing
- Controls are easy to use
- The on-board controls are easy to use
- Can only be operated from the remote control or the on-board control
- Can only be used sitting down
- Some of the high-end features are expensive
The Zero Gravity Massage Chair recliners have a zero overlap design, featuring a headrest designed for the zero gravity recline position, along with a desktop designed for the inverted push-up position. The console, however, is unique to this set of massage chairs. Compared to other recliners in the lineup, it offers quite a few more buttons than its competitors.
The entire chair is constructed with many different features. The Zero Gravity Massage Chair recliners are built for comfort, style and home relaxation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which brand of massage chair is the best?
One of the things that’s great about massage recliners is that they come from some of the best brands in the world, so they’re all high-quality. Each brand you see here makes some of the best models, so it will basically come down to your personal brand affinity. We’re going to break down each brand’s biggest strengths and weaknesses.
Brooksby: Perhaps the best-known of the bunch, Brooksby is an excellent choice for mid-range to high-end recliners. They’re all solidly built and made from premium materials, so they will last a long time. Aesthetically, they’re some of the most attractive on the market, though they cost a bit more than the rest.
Are massage chairs good?
Massage chairs are great, and I’m not just saying that because I developed this site. There are several studies that have demonstrated the effectiveness of massage therapy. A study performed at the Beth Israel Medical Center in New York showed that post-operative patients who received massage therapy experienced up to a 50% reduction in pain, swelling, and other symptoms. For the patients who received the massage therapy, 75% reported feeling more relaxed and less anxious.
In addition to the potential of immediate pain relief, massage therapy can also reduce long-term chronic pain. One study performed by the University of North Carolina analyzed over 6,000 women who had experienced back pain during the previous year. Participants in the study that received massage therapy were 40% less likely to experience future pain than those who did not.
What is the best zero gravity massage chair?
The Marpac Zero Gravity Massage Chair is the best zero gravity massage chair. Its 2-speed motors are powered by an AC adapter (supplied) and features a 12V DC automotive cigarette plug adapter (included) for use in your vehicle. The Zero Gravity Massage Chair is a wonderful, comfortable, and powerful pain-relieving way to enjoy therapeutic touch therapy at home.
How long should I sit in a massage chair?
You can take advantage of your massage chair as much as you would like. However, an hour of use is the maximum that you should allow on a given day. The reason for this is that your massage chair may not be able to function effectively as the day goes on. It’s important that you give your massage chair time to fully cool down after an hour of use before you decide to use it again.
Overall, The Zero Gravity Power Recliner is the best massager for comfort and power. It comes with a long list of features, is stylish with plenty of cushioning, and has one of the most amount of power as far as massage recliners go. It might be a bit pricey, but if you’re looking for a full body massage then you’ll love this one. In comparison, the Leisure King heat and massage recliner is also good for the price range. It heats up fast and provides a great massaging experience, but doesn't have the same amount of power as the Zero Gravity Power Recliner.
|Real Relax 2020 Massage Chair||Best Overall|
|Massage Chair||Budget Pick|
|Infinity IT-8500 X3||Upgrade Pick|